Tom is a Lean Leader and Continuous Improvement Coach with broad Manufacturing experience. He has held many leadership positions with responsibilities in Safety, Customer Service, Production Planning, Supply Chain Management, and Information Systems. Tom promotes and supports Lean practices for worldwide distribution of fast moving consumer goods.
In addition, Tom's expertise has resulted in significant cost savings for healthcare and service orientated businesses.
Tom is a Past-President of the APICS Hartford Chapter, serving on it’s Board of Directors and as an Instructor in Operations Management including, Production and Inventory Management, Lean Manufacturing, and the Theory of Constraints. He is also a member and active in other local and national professional organizations such as AME, ASQ, NHMA, and SME.
Tom’s background and experience includes:
- Over 25 Years of Engineering, Manufacturing, Lean Coaching and Information Systems Experience
- Delivering fast turn around results and rapid growth through Lean applications with clients, plants, and healthcare facilities across North America
- Experience working with manufacturing and distribution companies in diverse industries that include; beverage, specialty metals, aerospace fasteners and components, media (paper and film) for digital imaging, laboratory automation equipment
- Implementations of hybrid solutions combining lean techniques with pragmatic technology tools that empower the workforce while capturing product tracking details
- Organizational re-alignment for improved accountabilities complemented by visual metrics of Key Performance Indicators for easier / improved performance tracking
- Graduate of the University of Connecticut and holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering. APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM)
Do you have a question for Tom about how he can help you make your business run better? Give him a call today at (860) 233-7411.